Thursday, August 16, 2012

I give in......

My attempt at creating a stand alone Arduino clone of my own has foundered slightly. Whilst the breadboard version worked really well, the hard wired one didn't. I have spotted a few obvious mistakes over the week but none of them have made any difference when rectified. Even more annoying, the test is a simple flash on pin 13 with a time delay of about one second. I can put a meter on the connections and it is registering the timer perfectly. The problem appears to be with the LED, except that the LED works fine elsewhere. I am beginning to lose it with this circuit. In fact, I have decided to go back to the drawing board and build the breadboard circuit up again. This time, I will extend the outputs to several LEDs and see how they affect the performance. In addition, I may put a regulator on the breadboard as well to be certain about the power capability of the whole unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments here. We check most days and all suitable comments will be published.

Kardoma:

fills the stage with flags!
Free counters!