Monday, November 4, 2013

PIRfec'

As pop Larkin never said. The board arrived on Saturday and I cobbled together a quick test that very evening. It worked first time. Now I want to build a small unit to mount above the bedroom door to switch on a couple of LEDs to light our way to the bathroom at night. I will document.
This is a very small item and costs very little. I bought one for £2.54 and it's possible to buy a pack of ten from China for even less per item. Just check out eBay.
What is it? It's a very small PIR (infra red motion detector) that interfaces directly to an Arduino and can trigger an action. In this instance, I want it to turn on a couple of white LEDs for a short period.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments here. We check most days and all suitable comments will be published.

Kardoma:

fills the stage with flags!
Free counters!