Thursday, July 12, 2012

The most worrying statement I know.

"I've had an idea..........................."
The switch system I built is intended for my low power mains tools, soldering iron, small drill and chargers. Today, I was looking at a piece of kit - expensive kit - that ran a timer on mains operated equipment and switched it off after a pre-set time. And I thought, "I can do that". So, what about a switch that you hit which immediately switches on your soldering iron, for example, and then counts down for 30 minutes and switches it off unless you switch it off yourself. Then, what about a similar system that flashes the led and beeps at you for 30 seconds before auto switch off and if you push the button in that time period it switches the circuit back on for another 30 minutes. Then what about if you add a dual seven segment LED to that with the countdown in minutes. Then how about a short period after the first push where you can increment the timer, on the display, to whatever time you like up to 99 minutes. This is beginning to sound very sophisticated eh? Might do it one day though.
Now you can understand why I'm worried.


English: Solder station (used to support solde...Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments here. We check most days and all suitable comments will be published.

Kardoma:

fills the stage with flags!
Free counters!