Friday, April 12, 2013

Function this!

Sometimes, you get so far in a project that you know, instinctively, that now is the time to stop and leave it because if you move on right away you will spoil something. I have had several momentary flashes of inspiration like this with my TagBots and yesterday evening was the latest blinding flash of understanding. I was very keen to investigate how functions operate on the Arduino so I started playing around with some simple ones related to the wheels on TagBot 3 and, after a few minor glitches, I managed to make a suite of functions work from within a loop. That was when I stopped and went quietly to bed. Tonight, I will be looking deeper into the Hub-ee library to see if I can use it for even more accurate movement.
As an aside, yesterday I had to charge up my LiPo battery for the first time. I was astonished at how quickly it came back up to full power even on the standard charge setting. If I have one recommendation to pass on, it is this; invest in a good charger, I have a B6AC unit, and good LiPo batteries and forget all about any other type of portable power. They weigh very little and do so much. The batteries are reasonably priced, smaller and, with a good charger, very easy to use.

I can also report, with the greatest pleasure, that the Creative Robotics shop is now open for business. For a short time it will be for UK customers only but, once thoroughly tested, it will be opened up to the rest of the world. I have changed the links as appropriate on the side panels, shop on the left and main site on the right.
The shop name is slightly different to the main company, Createbots. They are not just selling the Hub-ee wheels, they also have the rest of the related products and some bits and pieces for Arduino users.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments here. We check most days and all suitable comments will be published.

Kardoma:

fills the stage with flags!
Free counters!