Thursday, March 1, 2012

A damp squib?

To be fair, not in some ways. The vast amount of publicity generated yesterday would, no doubt, have pleased P T Barnum. He was of the opinion that all publicity is good publicity. However, I suspect bad publicity can erode the publics trust in a product as well. Yesterday was not the unqualified success that I would have wished for the Raspberry Pi. There is  a fuller explanation in my diary blog and it will probably explain why I am somewhat concerned about what happened yesterday and, to a certain extent, is still happening today. The main foundation site is still only a simple html page for safety reasons and the two distributors, Farnell and RS, have no boards to sell as yet but have accepted orders for all 10,000 on the way from China. This will be the last time I mention the Pi until I have one in my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments here. We check most days and all suitable comments will be published.

Kardoma:

fills the stage with flags!
Free counters!