Thursday, March 22, 2012

A worrying trend.

Emblem of Hong Kong
For many years now, I have bought items from Hong Kong with no problems whatsoever. Unfortunately, since the end of 2011, a number of items have gone missing in the post. I buy, mainly, small electronic components and boards and I have so far lost two packages completely and another two that should have arrived by now but haven't. I have not given up hope of these as yet but the earlier two have never turned up. I must stress that this is not the fault of the respective suppliers in any way. In both the previous instances, they immediately sent replacements free of charge. The suppliers I deal with tend to be the most reliable on Ebay and I certainly have no complaint about them. The original losses occurred during the holiday period of the Chinese New Year and I assumed that this was the reason for the losses. This time, however, the New Year is well over and things should be back to normal. Another worry is that the missing items this time around are from one of the suppliers who had a package go astray last time and the paranoid part of me is wondering if someone is targeting their customers for some reason. Time, I assume, will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments here. We check most days and all suitable comments will be published.

Kardoma:

fills the stage with flags!
Free counters!