Monday, February 20, 2012

A cautionary tale.

My two Arduino Nano V3 boards arrived this morning. As I always do, I tried to upload 'Blink' to them as a test. No chance, they may as well not have existed as far as the software was concerned. I was getting the, "avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00" error. I checked around the forums and got several differing solutions to what seems to be a very well known problem. It's not Nano specific by the way. I tried most of them until I saw a post from someone who had simply updated his drivers. As I am on the latest version of the software, I had thought to be on the latest drivers as well. It would appear not, however, as once run in from the self installer all was well and everything now works as expected. The Nanos are very small and I am expecting to have a lot of fun with them quite soon. In addition, this mornings post brought me a very useful shield with both push switches and a 16x2 display already fitted and ready to go. It's going to be used for testing purposes on the new yellow trundle in order to speed up the design and software development.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments here. We check most days and all suitable comments will be published.

Kardoma:

fills the stage with flags!
Free counters!