Friday, February 24, 2012

Is there a problem?

testando la app di flickr per android.
Image via Wikipedia
As I wrote in the previous post, I have had some difficulty with the LCD shield that I am testing at the moment. The shield itself is fine, very well made and works really well but.................... It seems that none of the sketches in the current libraries will even compile let alone upload to the Arduino. The older library sketch works really well but has no connection with the rewritten LCD library as far as I can see. In addition, there seem to be many variations on the basic shield and although many are listed with proven pin outs in the wonderful Arduino Shield List, my shield is not listed under the name I bought it as. I bought my shield from Vivid Stock of Hong Kong and they don't offer a demo script themselves. Many other Chinese vendors appear to sell the same shield but there is no guarantee that they are identical. Has anyone reading this bought one of these shields, particularly from Vivid Stock, and got it working on the latest software? If so, please post your sketch here so that we may all benefit from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments here. We check most days and all suitable comments will be published.

Kardoma:

fills the stage with flags!
Free counters!