Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Wither the Duemilanove?

Mine arrived yesterday and I checked it out when I got home. I was very impressed by the size and the fact that it ran my sketches straight out of the box. I know that it's obsolete now but you can still buy them for a very good price if you know where to look. I have also ordered a couple of Arduino Nano clones from China and, when they arrive, I should be in a position to set up some sort of network test as well. My biggest problem at the moment would seem to be the chaos caused by the Chinese New Year celebrations. I have quite a few items ordered and paid for - and sent as well - that have just not arrived yet. The suppliers are being very helpful and will re-send the goods if they haven't arrived by next week so I won't be out of pocket. I will, however have lost quite a lot of time on my project. Speaking of which, I have reached the point where I want to name it and have hit a stumbling block. My original name was, "Self Protecting Autonomous Machine" but that isn't really the impression I want to give so I have opened the name thing up to anyone who cares to make a sensible suggestion. I will publish the usable ones and, hopefully, use the best for the project. Simply post it as a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments here. We check most days and all suitable comments will be published.

Kardoma:

fills the stage with flags!
Free counters!