Thursday, June 21, 2012

Coming along nicely

I finished the full version of my control unit yesterday. It still looks a bit scrappy but is very solidly built and works as I want it to every time. On switch on, it has a minor flutter whilst it finds itself and then settles down to all off. Each button pressed once switches on its related relay and, on the second press, switches it off. I only needed this for four relays but the system is good for six without any changes other than adding more connections to the interface board and a few more lines of code to the sketch. To expand it further will require some extra chips as well. My next move on this theme will be after I have built my FM radio and have that working. Both of these projects will qualify for testing with a DIY built setup just using components on a circuit board. As I haven't been too well for the past couple of days, I am hoping to spend some time this evening sanding the upright supports for the bench in the attic. Once that is done, I will be able to set up the first of the two units and get a lot of my equipment either stored under or on the new worktop. From then on, it should be a fairly speedy journey to completely finishing the whole unit and making a large amount of free space in the attic. I have also 'inherited' from my son and daughter-in-law a large screen TV with plenty of inputs so that will soon be sitting up there and working to at least two computers.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments here. We check most days and all suitable comments will be published.

Kardoma:

fills the stage with flags!
Free counters!