Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Another bonus day for the delivery services.

The tubing for the full sized version of the trundle has arrived and is exactly what I hoped for. The only minor problem is that the sizes are just too accurate. The outer tube won't quite fit over the inner one so I will have to skim a very small layer off the outside of the inner tubes in order to make a good fit. In addition, my long awaited book has arrived via Amazon. Getting Started with Raspberry Pi is an american book and after an hour of study promises to be most useful. It finally made Linux on the Pi fall into context for me. Indeed, it has already helped me to a better understanding of Linux in general. A senior colleague has just wandered through and decided to order a complete Raspberry Pi starter set to try out with his students. WooHoo, this could be very useful to  me.
Good news, I have just had a chat with another colleague and we can put the cut tubes in a lathe and take them down to the correct size on the ends.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments here. We check most days and all suitable comments will be published.

Kardoma:

fills the stage with flags!
Free counters!