Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Hiccough!!

Well, so much for my memory. I dug out the motors and wheels yesterday evening and discovered that I had totally forgotten how they mounted. So, this morning I brought all the parts into the office and threw myself upon the mercy of colleagues. Lee produced the scale drawing in AutoCAD for me and Mike cut the two end pieces on the laser cutter for me. Individually, this took practically no time at all but I had to run between the two and wait around for them to be available so the ten minutes worth of clever stuff took nearly all of my lunch hour. It was, however, well worth missing as the resulting pieces of plastic are wonderful and fit perfectly to the various other bits. I still need to fit the wheels to the actuators of the servos but, within reason, most of the mechanical work is ready for assembly now. I will certainly be able to begin documenting the Trundle Mk2 this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments here. We check most days and all suitable comments will be published.

Kardoma:

fills the stage with flags!
Free counters!