Monday, January 14, 2013

Life just isn't a bowl of cherries sometimes.

The company I ordered the tubing from contacted me early this morning to apologise for having run out of stock of the 90mm outside size tube and to offer me alternatives. As the design I am working on will not allow any other size, I have told them that a wait of a month will be acceptable and any other options would have to be very carefully worked out. We shall see.
I have also now ordered a tiny quadcoptor at a cheap price in order to play with it and come to terms with controlling one. As always, they look simple in the demo video so I shall see just how easy it is in real life. The model was ordered from Wonderland Models and, including a crash kit that also includes a second battery, was less than £45.00. It really is tiny, it easily sits on one hand as you can see, and seems fairly sophisticated so it will be fun if nothing else.
And I've just discovered that Tom Wadsworth, who made this video, not only lives in my home town but also has much the same interests as me. The trouble is, he's a lot younger than I am and seems to be much better at the building and controlling than I am. Dammit!
Check out the rest of his videos, the're worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments here. We check most days and all suitable comments will be published.

Kardoma:

fills the stage with flags!
Free counters!